Should one of your patients experience a possible transfusion reaction, we recommend the following protocol to help us best support your team:
- If this is an urgent matter that requires immediate assistance, please contact our Central Office team at (204) 632-2586.
- For non-urgent matters, or following an urgent matter discussion with our Central Office team, please complete and submit the Adverse Transfusion Reaction form provided below to [email protected].
- Use the following Subject Line for your email: “URGENT: Adverse Transfusion Reaction”.
- Ensure the completed Adverse Transfusion Reaction form is attached.
- Reserve the following samples for possible submission for further testing by our team:
- serum or plasma sample(s) from recipient PRE transfusion reaction
- serum or plasma sample(s) from recipient POST transfusion reaction
- blood product unit suspected of adverse reaction
Please note: serum samples should be separated from red cells following sample collection. All samples should be refrigerated while awaiting follow-up from our team.
- After your form has been received and reviewed, a member of our team will follow up to discuss the next steps.